Michigan Grad reveals all on…why Lady Jane's is a great place to start a career!
Meet another LJ Superstar: Leeann from Mentor, OH. We sat down with Leeann to find out what it takes to be the LJ Stylist of the Month for February 2017!
- 1. As a Wicked Awesome Stylist, what's your favorite part about cutting hair at LJ?
- As a wicked awesome stylist, I love giving amazing haircuts and the positive atmosphere. We work as a team at Lady Janes in Mentor and our clients truly become family!
- 2. Since sports is such a large part of the LJ experience, what's your favorite sports team & why?
- I Love , Love, Love the Cleveland Cavaliers!! Lebron James, J.R. Smith, and Kevin Love are a few of my favorite players.
- 3. What type of music do you listen to?
- I love Classic rock! ACDC , Metallica, and Ozzy are always on my playlist!
- 4. What do you enjoy?
- I enjoy spending time with my little loves Joshua and Jacob. I am all about family! I also enjoy hanging out with my friends.
- 5. Scissor cuts or clipper cuts?
- Both! I love cutting!!!
- 6. What is your favorite LJ product for guys to use?
- I absolutely am obsessed Bed Head Matte Manipulator, American Crew Forming Cream, and Detroit Grooming Beard Butter.
- 7. And lastly, what's your 10 second pitch on why LJ is the ONLY place for a guy to get his hair cut?
- We have the best stylists located in the most positive atmosphere! It’s a place where you can come get your haircut and relax. We do everything from scalp massages to color. It is where you can escape reality for 45 minutes to 1 hr. It truly is Wicked Awesome!
Tim McCollum is not only a University of Michigan Alum, but he also is the President and COO of Lady Jane's Haircuts for Men. When I asked Tim if Lady Jane's was a good place to work he said, "Hail Yes!" With Sports memorabilia on every wall, a pool table and a Wii, it is easy to see why Tim thinks this way. What about one of the most important parts of LJ, though...the stylists? Tim says that Lady Jane's is the best place in town for a stylist to work because it is where they can make the most money, deal with less drama (guys only) and LJ generates all the client traffic with an aggressive marketing plan. "We also have aggressive growth opportunity as we continue to expand and open new stores across the country." Tim continued with, "At Lady Jane's, stylists can start a career, not just cut hair! Our corporate staff is very passionate about what we do and this energy is embodied in the stylists as well."
Lady Jane's is one of the fastest growing Men's hair care companies in the Country. When I quizzed Tim further, he took me onto the styling floor and said "ask some of the stylists!" When I spoke with Alisha from Farmington Hills, she had this to say. "The earning potential is unbelievable. I remember asking to go off my guarantee after just one week! After just one year I was promoted to manager of my own LJ store. I love it!" Jenny Golas started as a receptionist at the Hall Rd. location and then worked her way up to a Salon Director position with corporate. "This allowed me to travel all over and help open new stores, it was a great experience!" Jenny has since been promoted to office manager of the corporate headquarters in Troy, Michigan. Carla is the manager of the St. Clair Shores location and she too had great things to say. "What I really love about Lady Jane's is the built in clientele. LJ gets them there and all we have to do is give them a great haircut experience. Since the first day I started, I have been able to cut 12-20 guys every day! As our owner would say, that's wicked awesome!"
The more I talked to the stylists and staff of Lady Jane's it made me want to work for Lady Jane's. When I asked Mr. McCollum how I could get involved he simply said..."Click Below."
To apply at a Lady Jane’s location near you click here.