Michigan Grad reveals all on…why Lady Jane's is a great place to start a career!
Meet another LJ Superstar: Jessica from Bloomingdale, IL. We sat down with Jessica to find out what it takes to be the LJ Stylist of the Month for March 2017!
- 1. As a Wicked Awesome Stylist, what's your favorite part about cutting hair at LJ?
- I love the fact that we are a full service salon for men! Men love to get pampered too. They don't always feel comfortable getting their eyebrows waxed or hair colored around women. There is that sense of relaxation at Lady Jane's!
- 2. Since sports is such a large part of the LJ experience, what's your favorite sports team & why?
- Go Pack Go! I'm a huge sports fan! I love sports because it's a team thing. You play as a team, you lose as a team and you win as a team.
- 3. What type of music do you listen to?
- I love my classic rock!
- 4. What do you enjoy?
- If I'm not doing hair, I'm watching or going to a game.
- 5. Scissor cuts or clipper cuts?
- I enjoy both, but probably scissors a little more. There's so much freedom you have with scissors.
- 6. What is your favorite LJ product for guys to use?
- BedHead Matte Separation! It's an easy product for guys to use, especially if they're a gel guy. It's flexible in their hair with just a little shine, plus you don't have to wash your hair 10 times to get it out. I love that this product is reshape-able too!
- 7. And lastly, what's your 10 second pitch on why LJ is the ONLY place for a guy to get his hair cut?
- Lady Jane's is a one stop shop for men looking for just a cut or a little pampering. We take our time and want you to feel the best you can before you leave us.
Tim McCollum is not only a University of Michigan Alum, but he also is the President and COO of Lady Jane's Haircuts for Men. When I asked Tim if Lady Jane's was a good place to work he said, "Hail Yes!" With Sports memorabilia on every wall, a pool table and a Wii, it is easy to see why Tim thinks this way. What about one of the most important parts of LJ, though...the stylists? Tim says that Lady Jane's is the best place in town for a stylist to work because it is where they can make the most money, deal with less drama (guys only) and LJ generates all the client traffic with an aggressive marketing plan. "We also have aggressive growth opportunity as we continue to expand and open new stores across the country." Tim continued with, "At Lady Jane's, stylists can start a career, not just cut hair! Our corporate staff is very passionate about what we do and this energy is embodied in the stylists as well."
Lady Jane's is one of the fastest growing Men's hair care companies in the Country. When I quizzed Tim further, he took me onto the styling floor and said "ask some of the stylists!" When I spoke with Alisha from Farmington Hills, she had this to say. "The earning potential is unbelievable. I remember asking to go off my guarantee after just one week! After just one year I was promoted to manager of my own LJ store. I love it!" Jenny Golas started as a receptionist at the Hall Rd. location and then worked her way up to a Salon Director position with corporate. "This allowed me to travel all over and help open new stores, it was a great experience!" Jenny has since been promoted to office manager of the corporate headquarters in Troy, Michigan. Carla is the manager of the St. Clair Shores location and she too had great things to say. "What I really love about Lady Jane's is the built in clientele. LJ gets them there and all we have to do is give them a great haircut experience. Since the first day I started, I have been able to cut 12-20 guys every day! As our owner would say, that's wicked awesome!"
The more I talked to the stylists and staff of Lady Jane's it made me want to work for Lady Jane's. When I asked Mr. McCollum how I could get involved he simply said..."Click Below."
To apply at a Lady Jane’s location near you click here.